Thursday, April 30, 2015

3 Years Later... 100 Posts Later!

Here we are at Post 100 of Bumper City! Just in time for the 3rd year anniversary of Bumper City! Back in April of 2012, I started this little pinball blog from the ground up, creating everything from the blog's first logo to a manifesto outlining what I wanted to do; celebrate pinball and it's continuing survival in Toronto!
Fast forward a few years later... and here we are, still going strong! From a tiny little feature in the back of my friends' zine...

... To national television! DANG
Back when I first started Bumper City, I was lucky to even get 10 views a day! Not that that ever deterred or discouraged me; I wrote every single post all for the love of the game. I still do, mind you, but I get a few more than 10 views a day which is nice to see! Since 100 posts is a pretty big milestone, I would like to use this post to pat myself on the back for getting this far and keeping at it this long. I would also like to say thank you to everyone that has taken time to visit Bumper City! I really appreciate your support and I wouldn't have made it this far without you! I have met a lot of great people through pinball and made a ton of awesome friends.
The last 3 years have been one wild trip! I've seen a lot of ups and downs in the pinball scene. When I first began, there was only a handful of machines in the city and it seemed like the game was barely hanging on. But in the last year or two, there seems to be quite a resurgence in pinball, all sorts of barcades popping up and wicked events going down! It's so cool to see pinball in such a lively and energetic state. I do a lot of writing on this blog and I mean a lot, so instead of talking about all the great times, I will let my pictures speak for themselves! Enjoy 3 years of Bumper City! Yer gonna have to open the post though ;)

The early days and the beginning of the Whitby Shuffle
2012 Canadian Pinball Championships
The good ol' days at the Pinball Cafe
MUF's first big score!
Pinball Gallery in Downington, PA
Pinballapalooza!
Chance encounter with Theatre of Magic at some laundromat in St. Catharines.
2013 Ottawa Pinball Expo
Pinball Crawl by 3030 and Kensington Brewing Company
Pinball in the Dark in Peterborough
2014 Michigan Pinball Expo
Winner of Pinball Sunday!
Hanging with the folks from Guelph Pinball Club
Banzai Run in the wild?! You bet!
St. Catharines Pinball Journey 2014. My favorite lil bar, Harborfront Inn
The first trip to House of TARG
Interview for Space Channel at Bumper City: A Pinball Exposition!
Photo courtesy of Andrew Williamson
The Walking Dead Pinball Release Party
WRESTLEMANIA!
House of TARG ... ROUND 2!
Sweet lineup at Junction City Music Hall
 Good times, not a long time! So what's left for Bumper City? Plenty of stuff! My scope has expanded beyond Toronto but I can't forget that this is were it all started. Though there have been ups-and-downs, Toronto is doing pretty good for pinball right now and I'll always remember to post about pinball in the big city! Wherever my travels may take me in the future, if there's pinball there, I'll be sure to document it and share it with you all! 

No comments :

Post a Comment